Water on my carpet

Water just runs down my doors, and onto the carpet from the slightest rain or washing. Where can I find some rubber weather-stripping to form a seal against the glass to channel the wet stuff away from the window opening?

Dave Sylvester, GA

1962 Cruiser
Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Water just runs down my doors, and onto the carpet from the slightest rain or washing. Where can I find some rubber weather-stripping to form a seal against the glass to channel the wet stuff away from the window opening?

Dave Sylvester, GA 1962 Cruiser

Reply to
Jeff Rice

The repros of the factory stuff are available, although de-leakifying a Stude is a long process.

nate

(ask me how I know this)

Reply to
N8N

You can't really seal the door window opening. The 'fuzzy' seal there is primarily for anti-rattle. The lip-type seal that newer cars are using does a much better job, but still can't keep all the water out. Instead, take your door panels off, clean out the bottoms of the doors and make sure the door drains are open. Then make your own weather seals from a sheet of heavy mil clear plastic film. Include flaps that are a little larger than any openings and make sure the bottoms of these flaps hang inside the door. Seal it all up using strip caulk or weather strip cement. You can even test it for leaks before you install the door panel. If you need something to look at for reference, check out some cars in a wrecking yard.

Reply to
Dwain G.

Hey Dave, you must have parked next to my Avanti and caught something. Sorry I didn't know it was contagious. NT

Reply to
nthornton