What is my R2 worth?

Friends, I'm new to the Avanti business. Via a relative who is a Studebaker fan, I just purchased an R2. Not neccesarily ready to part with it just yet, but anxious to know what the market value really is.

R2 White/Red interior Auto No damage history

65,000 miles New interior OEM New paint unusual wheels (that I've never seen before...star pattern mag??) Solid engine...overhauled 6500 miles ago New master cylinder Hog troughs seem good both sides Georgia car

Pretty solid car...scale of 1-9 (9 being concours) I'd call it a solid 7.

Can someone advise me on the value of such a car...I paid well below what I think is market value, but looking for the advise of some of you Stude experts.

Thanks in advance. Scott McNabb

snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

770-331-8779
Reply to
scootermc1

John Poulos

I'd go to the high side of the value JP verbalized, and insure it for that much.

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
bob m

Reply to
bob m

My opinion is that they do not - in fact, I'd say the Stude engines are more durable than most any other brand. Others have tons more experience than I with Stude engines, so I'll let them chime in. But any well built engine if properly taken care of will last for a long time (200K+?) regardless of compression (pump gas). Of course, your driving style will have lots to do with that.

Good luck, Rich

Reply to
Rich