New R2, first look

I ask Sal to be sure and get me some detail pix, so that all he took.<g> I guess I'll see the rest of the car next week. It's 63V1062,
the 4th R2 hawk built, might be the oldest still around. 70,000 mile, unrestored Survivor that needs some detailing. Still has what appears to be some of the factory hoses, original paint and interior with new carpets. Lame pix here:
http://www.stude.com/NewR2/index.html
--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com
John, That car is so nice. I didn't think there were any cars like that left to be found anymore .Do you know what gears are in it ? The car has so much potential. Maybe you should take it to the PSMCD's .
I susspect 3.73' s, but could be 3.31. I'll check next week. It's 2000 miles from the PSMCD's.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com
R2 with no tach?
John Poulos wrote:

--
Remove all the x's to email.

The only label that fits:
It was a option, most all of them had it I'd bet, but you had to order it. Here's the sicker sheet on my other R2 and you can see it's a separate item.
http://stude.com/R2sticker.jpg
Pat Drnec wrote:

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com
John: Are you sure it is 63V1062?
In the list of 1963 JT-powered cars, the VINs jump from 1006 to 1098 between JT-powered cars. The first Ermine White R2/4-speed hawk is 63V1620, so maybe you guys transposed some numbers. And that would be the 3rd, not 4th, R2/4-speed Hawk built. Bob.
My bad, it is 1620, if I recall correctly.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com
I think the engine # was JTS 1008.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com
JTS1008 was installed in 63V1620, John. Just some numbers easily transposed in your correspondence, I am sure. Bob.
TOO Too Cool!
YEP......it had to be ordered when the build sheet was made out!
Don't you wish that we could buy some of those parts that cheap today (s'charger less than 300!)
We (I) did not build up one without the tach (only) but only with the clock & tack left out, the car John & Sal have most likely was an ordered unit specified that way by the customer. We found that they would sell better (out of stock) if the tach was there on a well equipped car or just a plain dash on one not optioned out. Louis John Poulos wrote:

Were you a Studebaker dealer Louis?