Windshield Wiper lubrication ideas

Anyone have a proven method of lubricating the "driver" assembley portion of the windshield wiper drive. The part I'm trying to explain is the assembly, which has the splines which the wiper arm fits on. They can't be taken apart,so there must be some ideas on how to lubricate the assembly. Thx, in advance. tempestan

Reply to
tempestan

When I did dirt bikes in the good old days we would put a bread bag or baggie on it, zip tie, it or twist tie or safetywire it over the part fill it with oil and let gravity do the work for a couple of days. The oil would eventually flow downhill thru the tightest cracks and lube the works.

Reply to
BigBob

If you can put them in a pot, fill pot with lubricant (grease), heat until lubricant flows freely, let sit in lubricant until it congeals again and it should have flowed inside unit.

Reply to
oldcarfart

Sounds like my wife's cooking... Jeff

"oldcarfart" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I could have been in the gutter (as usual ) and used body part discription and KY as lube!

Reply to
oldcarfart

"If you can put them in a pot, fill pot with lubricant (grease), heat until lubricant flows freely, let sit in lubricant until it congeals again and it should have flowed inside unit."

I first learned this as a way to liven up motorcycle drive chains, in a 1934 English pamphlet "Hints and Tips for Motor Cyclists." It works for a lot of stuff (synchro rings, gear engagement dogs, rifle bolts). Watch the pot closely, though, and choose your grease carefully.

Big Bob, what for hell kind of windshield wipers did you use on those dirt bikes? I've seen them on sidecars, even on goggles, but a dirt bike? Kewl.

Reply to
comatus