WooHoo!

After over eight years of being a "corner car" and being bumped by paying jobs, my little 63 got insurance and a tag yesterday. I took it for a short ride and will be working the bugs out for a while. This car has twenty thousand miles on it, it had seveteen when I got it. What started out as a quick spruce up ended up getting silly... The paint was original but shot and then a door took a hit from a delivery truck, so that made me decide to paint the thing. The first paint job went horribly wrong as the shop went bust and the paint started falling off soon after I grabbed it out of the shop as the vultures circled the place. An old friend was starting up a shop after years of doing it part time stripped it to metal and although I asked for (and paid for) only a "driver" paint job it looks great. Upholstery, headliner, etc..etc...etc... I don't even want to know how much time or $$ are in this little car. A 6 cylinder..so the V8 snobs will turn their noses up at it but so what. I don't have the hood on it yet as it needs a touch up from being moved around for years and getting dinged somehow... recon I won't drive it in the rain until I get the hood back.. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Sweet!

Dan Kay

61 Lark VIII 4D Regal 62 Lark VI Daytona convertible
Reply to
Dan Kay

Went to put the hood on...just me and the 'ol lady...right then my buddy with the body shop showed up and got pressed into service...his skilled hands lined it up and tweaked it in no time at all. The ding I remebered is so minor that I most likely won't fool with it. Took it on it's first ride out of the industrial park, ten or so miles home. Still a lot of little things to do. Couple pics here..

Studebaker George

Lookin' good George!

JT

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Looks great George enjoy it

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

Be sure not to F-up my ride Georgie.

Dave

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Looks GOOD George.

Hey, I remember the house in that pic...

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude