York request

forgot to post this earlier... but if anyone has a pristine R1/R2 oil pan and is coming to York, I would certainly be interested in buying it. Mine's full of sheetmetal screws and epoxy.

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Don't you know anyone with a welding rig?

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Not that I can just call up and get favors from... there's a guy that works at the USNA with a Chevy-powered 2R that stops by JP's every now and then but we both keep forgetting to snag his phone number :)

nate

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

My T-Cab pan had tons of pinholes and the metal was compromised in that it wouldn't accept welding or even brazing. Ended up by coating the inside with titanium putty which has held to this day, (over ten years).

JT

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I brazed it but missed one or two cracks. N8 could not sleep at night if he just brazed it up correctly.

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I could, but since I have to pull it anyway... might as well have one ready to go.

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel