1999 Forester 2.5 L-spark plug change-need info

According to my Haynes Manual (1990-1998 Legacy) the right side plugs can be replaced from under the car but for the left (driver) side the battery and coolant reservoir must be removed to change the plugs.

Is this correct? Does anyone have experience changing the plugs on a

2.5L Forester of 1999 vintage?

Thanks for any help. A.J.

Reply to
AJay

I'm sorry I do not. If no other response here though, ask at

. If there is an easier way (not likely) those guys will know it.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

On our 2000, the coolant reservoir had to come out on the driver's side, and the intake air box on the passenger side. And a selection of different length extensions for your socket wrench will be helpful.

Reply to
Tom Bavis

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Thank you to everyone who responded and special thanks to Edward Hayes for the detailed explanation. I appreciate it.

A.J.

Reply to
AJay