2001 Forester TIMING BELTS

I have a 2001 Forester, which I bought in May 2000, with 176,000 miles. In June I took it to the Dealer for a new clutch and new timing belt, and some other work, totaling about $2,000. I?ve had the car back for about one week in the last two months, while the Dealer has donated about 50 hours of labor and hundreds of dollars in parts to fix things they missed the first, second , third and fourth times. The last time I got my car back, I was on an outing with my dog at the coast when I suddenly lost power. I didn?t think it could be the timing belt because I only had 300 miles on the new one. I tried to start my car and whew!!!!!! The tow truck driver had me try and start my car and double whew!!!!! The Dealer claims the "Pre-Tensioner" busted off and caused the timing belt to "jump off" and now there is valve damage. Any thoughts?

Reply to
katman

Oy. That totally stinks.

The district service manager for your dealer's area is the guy you wanna talk to methinks.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Reply to