2004 Forester air filter

How does one replace an air fliter on a 2004 Forester 2.5X, and does anyone know what the replacement is? Thanks.

Reply to
rajp53

RTFM.

(PS--it's pretty easy--assisted by a metric nutdriver or socket, 10mm if I had to guess).

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Um, are refering to the cabin air filter or the engine intake filter?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Carl:

I was referring to the engine intake filter, but if you can also offer information on the cabin air filter, both would be appreciated.

Thanks.

R-

Reply to
rajp53

Reply to
bigjim

Not sure about the Forester but I think replacing the panel filter is fairly straitforward/obvious. Might sometimes be tricky 'hooking' the tabs into the bottom side - some folks miss that and get 'whooshing' noise until the problem is corrected. The cabin air filter is a little trickier to replace (if equipped - dunno if your Forester has one) and so expensive many folks buy large home A/C filters and cut them up to create a filter. here's a coupla links that might help;

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan