2005 Forester Help !!!

Hi... I am currently in the process of buying a 2005 Forester with 41,000 mi. I found out after taking it home and riding in it some more there is a problem with the engine knocking when you drive in a speed over

60mph. As soon as you take your foot off the gas pedal, it stops. I was able to take the car home before all paperwork was done (with a deposit of course) and they are currently holding my check until I am 100% sure the auto is in perfect condition. Service claims it is a loose bushing in the all wheel drive and is replacing the part. I am told the car will be in perfect condition once it is replaced. I am wondering if there is another problem (ie. knock sensor, octane in gas, etc.) The dealer is reputable, but I still get sqeamish thinking about buying a lemon. Any experienced Forester mechanics out there with any thoughts? I really don't want to buy a car that's only a year old with existing problems. Any thoughts from anyone out there? Walk away and buy new?
Reply to
gopher