2005 Subaru Impreza

Hi, I'm new to this group and also Subaru. Is there anything I should know about or be wary of before purchasing a 2005 or 2006 Subaru Impreza (non turbo). Thanks

Reply to
SilverStude

I dunno what info you expect - some good sites to know about are;

(you might look at some 'options' there and consider buying them and installing yourself instead of paying retail through the dealership. Also, sometimes you can get good deals on accessories through ebay - I got a cargo tray, roof cross bars and cargo net for 1/3 what they would cost from the dealer.)

What models are you shopping for? used or new?

Carl (soob owner since only '03, '03 Outback wagon and '06 WRX Sportwagon)

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

5sp? I strongly suggest to cough up extra dough for the turbo. If it's automatic you should be fine with non turbo version. If you like the car that is.
Reply to
Body Roll

"Body Roll" wrote in news:1151646735.487158.241170 @y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

I have an '03 Impreza 5 speed and it's plenty peppy for me and certainly a lot cheaper to buy/run than the turbo which requires premium fuel.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

"A lot cheaper" to run will depend on how much you drive. I fill up probably once a week. So 13gal x $.20 more for premium is only about $10 more a month in gas.

"A lot cheaper" to buy...definitely.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Jones