88 GL Turbo Problems

Car has 1700000 miles on it and has been very dependable. It is a 2 front wheel drive only. Problem is that just this winter I have 2 morning were I went to start it and it would continue to stay running, just cuts off. Go back around mid day and it starts up just fine runs great. This has just started within a mount ago. Anyone got any ideas what might be the problem. Thanks

Reply to
mjohnson

One million seven hundred thousand miles?? I would say that it was a bloody miracle!!!

Reply to
Coggo

The next time the engine does this, do 2 tests. Pull a plug wire and check for spark. Depressurize the fuel line, reconnect it and check for ther fuel pump activating. If you have spark and fuel than may want to look at the IAS.

Reply to
johninKY

I would suspect it is a problem with the choke system that is actuated by vacuum. Check your vacuum lines, particularly where they connect to the manifold. They like to fail right at the point at which the line comes off the tube that supports it. It could also be a clogged fuel filter.

Reply to
ceraboy