seatbelt chime stays on

My 2005 Outback 2.5i is less than 24 hours old. This morning, the seatbelt warning chime wouldn't stop until I buckled the passenger side seatbelt. There is no weight on the seat or behind the seat. What's the problem?

Reply to
BushIsAnIdiot

seatbelt.

Reply to
vtsyrlin

Thanks. Of course, today it's not doing it. I did call the service dept.

Reply to
Nicolaas

Hi i just got my new 05 outback auto as well. Bought it over net without driveing it, sure impressed with it now exept it seems to kick back to 3rd real easy, does yours ?

Reply to
B. Mounsey