91 Legacy 140k Delay in shifting... Only when cold.

My 91 Legacy is in excellent condition. The smog guy said it's like a brand new car. It has 140k miles on it. I just bought it on ebay.

My problem... When the engine is cold, the car will not shift into drive (4th gear). It will drive fine in third even at high rpms but will not shift into the final gear for the vehicle. It is an automatic with the capability of being a manual with the flick of a switch.

The car gets about 250 miles to a tank and seemingly runs fantastic except this shifting problem. Once the car warms up.... it is completely fine. Any ideas??

Thanks... Loose Linkage

Reply to
Verizon News

Edward Hayes