96 Legacy GT

I've heard some ppl have had this problem with their legacy's but no one seems to know why it does it and my knowledge of cars isn't that great. After driving the legacy around for a while the car seems to lose power and run rich for a period of time and makes a plume of black smoke out the exhaust, the car just does this randomly when it wants to. and one of the turbos seems to make a vacuum noise at random intervals of accelerating and then disappear. Can anyone help with the problem?

Reply to
majorpainnz

Lenny

Reply to
Mike

I'd say possibly a bad MAF. $$$$ - sometimes carefully cleaning the element with alcohol will fix it. Do you run an oiled panel filter - K&N style? - sometimes the oil from those will destroy/confuse a MAF.

I dunno

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan