'98 impreza immobilsed???

Please can anyone help?

I'm selling this car for my friends who has moved abroad. It has sat outside my house for 3 months. The battery has died and been replaced but I think the car has immobiliser problems as she starts but then dies after 5seconds or so as if the fuel isn't getting through.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Daz

Reply to
daz

Hi Daz

Perhaps make sure that power is getting to the fuel pump or if it shuts off after a couple of seconds. If an immobilizer is indeed being used, I'd imagine they put it in series somewhere with either the ignition or fuel pump relay -- I am pretty sure both those are under the dash. Whomever installed it probably put a hidden disable switch somewhere.

It could also be that your fuel pressure is bad so check your fuel pressure regulator.

Hope this helps. Remco

Reply to
remcow

Thanks Remco I'll check those things

Daz

Reply to
daz

a common way to install an immobiliser is to piggyback it on teh parking light DPDT switch. Try turning on the parking lights then starting it.

Reply to
A Doc

how much are you selling it for.. got any pix?

Reply to
Imprezin WRX 43