'99 Legacy sed. -- ho do I read/reset computer codes ?

I have a '99 Legacy sedan 2.2. How do I read & reset the error codes set into the computer? Haynes does not yet make a manual for the 1999 Legacy.

Reply to
X-Eliminator

With an OBDII scan tool.

Reply to
someone

Reply to
X-Eliminator

Reply to
null

that only works on OLD GM's....and a paperclip worked just as well for them. for Newer GM's, and any US market vehicle after about 96 (sooner for some) you need an OBDII scan tool, and a good one will cost ya more than $40.

Reply to
someone

A great one more. The one I use requires a lap-top, but it will also chart/graph many readins. Makes trouble shooting ever so much easier.

Bare in mind almost no generic scanner will reset some of the builder specific codes, like oil change.

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg