API comparative motor oil Testing

First note. This was published by Amsoil. All test show ASTM test procedure. ( if figures are false, Amsoil probably would be sued)

Seven test:

  1. Thin-film oxygen uptake ASTM D-4742
  2. High temperature/high shear ASTM D-4683
  3. NOACK volatility ASTM D-5800
  4. Pour point ASTM D-97
  5. Total base number ASTM D 2896
  6. Cold crank Simulator ASTM D-5293
  7. Four ball wear ASTM D-4175

Amsoil was 1st in six and second narrowly in 7th. Most by wide margins. There was no clear cut second place winner from the ten other oils. Overall Synthetic oil outperformed all petroleums.

You buy expensive vehicles, use good synthetic oils, run extended drains, and oil analysis. Your car will love you. Petroleums days are numbered!

Results can been seen on Amsoil's website.

Reply to
Jerre Bassler

You need to see these results!

Reply to
Jerre Bassler

Nothing like a troll who keeps you waiting...

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Maybe he was refering to a television commercial he was watching a he posted (@webtv)

Reply to
Verbs Under My Gel

This reminds me! I desperately need to speak to an Amsoil salesperson. Are there any present on alt.autos.subaru?

Also, I'm considering replacing all the bearings in my EJ25 with ball bearings. Which oil performs best in the ever-relevant 4-ball wear test? Is it Mobil1? Castrol? Royal Purple?

Finally, how can I use my television to access Usenet?

Reply to
Verbs Under My Gel

Bull(buffalo)shit! Buffalo Milk is _way_ better than Mobil1. I tried Mobil1 in my coffee and cereal for a week, and it upset my stomach tremendously. Buffalo Milk, however, worked a treat. Now, if only I could find a lactating buffalo, or, better yet, a Buffalo Milk dealer...

Reply to
Verbs Under My Gel

Probably a lot of Amsoil dealers and users on alt.auto.subaru.

Yes I sell Amsoil, BIG DEAL! I began selling some after I got great results. Not every person who uses Amsoil is a dealer but you have the opportunity. Does companies like Mobil and Castrol give you the chance. Big Oil for the Big Guys.

It's great when the small guy (Amsoil) outperforms Big Oil!

Reply to
Jerre Bassler

Let me clarify some things about me.

  1. Yes I am a Amsoil Dealer. I am mainly to get product at cost. I am not connect with the company in any way other than a small dealer.

  1. I have never sold any product by the internet including this group.

  2. I believe in their product after using it for over 20 years, and want to tell others just like the people who use and like products like Mobil, Castrol, etc.

  1. There seems to be a few in this group who want to attack anyone who mentions Amsoil. I don't know what their problem is with Amsoil. Amsoil is an American company who has grown because it offers quality, proven products for over 30 years. The owner is a former Air Force pilot. A guy who had a dream and made it work, helping thousands with a dream.

  2. I am sure Amsoil is not hurting Big Oil to badly. But I am pretty sure they are a big reason why we have so many choices of synthetic oils. They are always in the forefront of development.

  1. So when I mention Amsoil it should be no different when others mention their brand as a reference. Who knows maybe they sell or work for those other companies who sell oil!

Reply to
Jerre Bassler

This last statement shows you fell for the drivel they pound into you, hook, line and sinker. LOL

Reply to
Mike