[Article] Subaru BRZ (NZ Herald newspaper)

The New Zealand Herald newspaper and website have an article about the Subaru BRZ which has just been released here this month.

The article doesn't say whether the Subaru BRZ or the Toyota 86 is the better car ... in fact it basically says they're the same, which isn't a surprise, and it would be difficult to tell them apart even perhaps with a direct comparison review test drive.

It does say that some people will prefer the Subaru simply because it will be rarer here than Toyota 86 - all of the first shipment of 12 cars (released on 12/12/12) were already pre-sold, another 17 arrive in March and another 40-50 over the rest of 2013. The Managing Director of Subaru NZ says "We don't want too many. If we sell 50 next year, that would be amazing. But I'm happy to sell 17, if that's what happens."

Apparently an official STI version of the BRZ is coming at some stage, but for the impatient Subaru New Zealand is offering their own custom "STI" version with lowered suspension, cross-member support kit, tower brace under the bonnet / hood, upgraded brake pads (not as good as the upgraded Toyota's Bembo brakes), sports exhaust, special 17" alloy wheels, competition oil filter, body kit, a number of interior detail upgrades including an STI-branded start button and special dash trim insert.

Reply to
Your Name