Re: Subaru BRZ RA: Caged With Steelies

Oh, Japan. Is it not enough that you have robot butlers and creepy

> maid cafés, but do you have to be the only market to have these great > track-friendly, well-loved sports cars, too? The Subaru BRZ/Scion > FR-S/Toyota GT86 are respected all over for their handling, fun, and > back-to-basics sports car feel, and it's all but assured these will > become track-day toys as well as daily drivers for many people. In > Japan, that job's been made much easier thanks to the Subaru BRZ RA > and the Toyota GT86 RC. M... > Read More:

I haven't got time to visit that link, but there's been a company in New Zealand offering to build various options for a race-ready Toyota 86 since before the car was even released here, right up to a stripped down light-weight car with roll-cage, etc. Subaru New Zealand also offers an unofficial "STi" version of the BRZ, which adds a few bits 'n' pieces that make it sportier.

Reply to
Your Name

af=E9s, but do you have to be the only market to have these great track-fri= endly, well-loved sports cars, too? The Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota GT86 a= re respected all over for their handling, fun, and back-to-basics sports ca= r feel, and it's all but assured these will become track-day toys as well a= s daily drivers for many people. In Japan, that job's been made much easier= thanks to the Subaru BRZ RA and the Toyota GT86 RC. M...

I could not care less what japs have in the JDM. They typically export sticks and bones to the rest of the world.

Reply to
AD

Xi-2 grips just fine on glare ice. I suspect Xi-3 is no worse. I also suspect that all-american favorite WS70 is also passable.

It's corner cases such as climbing out of icy ruts where a helping of studs would have made a difference. Case like this: ice covered streets is not a big problem for studless optimized for ice.

granted on "performance winter" life would have probably sucked in conditions like these.

Reply to
AD