Auto Transmission Fluid in 2.5L Outback

OK, I found the dipstick for the auto transmission fluid in my 2.5L 2002 Outback. My level is at the lower end of normal. Now where do I fill extra fluid and is it important that the fluid added be of the same brand as what's in the car?

Adam

Reply to
Adam Helberg

Outback. My level is

important that the fluid

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Your owners manual will tell you how to check the fluid level when warm/hot which is the preferred way. The recommended AT trans fluid is Dexron (3 or

Outback. My level is

important that the fluid

Reply to
Edward Hayes

With all respect this does not answer my question, which is: where do I add extra fluid and can I mix brands? Adam

Outback. My level is

important that the fluid

Reply to
Adam Helberg

Through the dipstick tube, and I'd stick with one brand rather than mixing them.

add extra fluid and can

Reply to
Edward J. Neth

Reply to