Bought mine!!!!

If you are leasing, you might consider or it might even be mandatory for you to have gap insurance should you total the car. If that happens, with the lease, your payments would not cover the cost of the vehicle, if you had made all of them. If you don't wreck it and want to purchse it at the end of the lease, the pricing is most definitely not in your favor. The same would be true if you total it, so be sure you have proper insurance coverage and that your agent knows it is a leased car, not your own.

Stacey.

Reply to
Stacey L. Brower

As to the extended warranty, if you purchase it from Subaru, the terms (mileage and years) start when the car is sold. That is a total waste of money, as your extended warranty is overlapping your standard free warranty for quite some time. You can hit several car sites online and read about after market warranties. I had a great one on my 02 OBS that I just totalled and it started the day I purchased it, which was when the Subaru's 3 year/36,000 mile warranty expired. I did it at three years, as I never got close to 36,000 miles on the car.

Stacey.

Reply to
Stacey L. Brower

As to your 3M film idea, I was at a after-market add-on and detailing shop and was paying for my service right after a gentleman ahead of me. I was able to hear the explanation of his charges and the total of his bill. We walked out of the building at the same time, so I took the liberty of asking him a question. (He had the car detailed and cleaned up so that he could sell it. He paid $150 to have his 3M film REMOVED, for which I think he said he paid $250 to have it installed.) He said the film started to look like broken, chipped, scratched, etc. plexiglass after about six months. It is only a few millimeters thick, I'm thinking they said 8mm, but I'm not sure. He said he'd never have it put on another vehicle again that it just looked so bad so quickly. I've seen just a few cars and trucks that have had applications of products like Rhino truck bed linings applied on the front of their car, like where one might have a bra. The first car I saw it on was a Lincoln Contintinental and it looked really good...the color matched well, and although the surface was textured, it still blended in quite well. I;d consider that before putting on the 3M clear product, which won't stay clear.

Stacey.

"wingman25" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... : Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences and responding. I left : this post unattended for a few days and look what someone started :) A : whole debate on oil changes... it's good though to keeping your : opinions flowing in. : : You know what i did with my Honda? I could 'feel' when it needed a : change and then i gave it one. I knew just when it was time - i didn't : ever keep a track of it but i know i never went over 5K. That's : probably the reason why the engine now purrs better in it than when i : bought it did 2 years ago. I honestly wouldn't want to sell it - after : all the work i put into it myself to keep it running like new. But i : guess i need a four door now. Moving in with folks and planning to find : an Indian wife soon. :) : : Now having said that - i love my cars so much that you shouldn't be : surprized if i tell i might actually plan on sleeping in the car or : with it in the garage for the first few weeks! :) : : Still haven't picked it up. I was talking to the dealer today about how : many kms would i expect on it and he said around 50kms - on asking him : how - he responded the mechanics drive it to test it. Really? 50kms of : testing? : : Not taking the warranty - cannot afford it. Neither the paint : protection. I might get a 3M film installed to prevent stone chips (but : not from the dealer). :

Reply to
Stacey L. Brower