Re: Would you lot laugh.....

If I chose to have a Volvo V50 as my next company car?

How many focus bits does it have, or for that matter, siera or escort?

Reply to
Elder

There's a lot of Focus in there, mechanically.

Trim-wise, next to nothing, and it does have *the* most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

The interior is a work of art, IMHO. Especially the R-Design with it's funky neoprene-like half leather seats.

Reply to
SteveH

Does look quite nice.

Reply to
Elder

They're really s**te build quality compared with the 3-series, though.

I actually quite like the 3, but, for some reason, there's a big gap in the car list between the 318d SE and the 520d SE - no 320d listed, which is a bit of a shame.

Reply to
SteveH

Please use the following form for replies:

A: [ ] Like a drain B: [ ] Splurting a beverage down the nose C: [ ] Until I pass out from lack of oxygen D: [ ] So hard I wet myself E: [ ] No, no more, please God give me strength

Reply to
Steve Firth

F: [ ] All of the above ?

Reply to
SteveH

Very possibly. The thought of you in a Ford repmobile does induce paroxysms.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I want the definition of 'repmobile', 'cos it currently appears to be 'any mid to large size car that appears on company car lists'....

I wouldn't put the A3 or V50 in the 'repmobile' category, personally.

Passat, A4, Mondeo and 3-series, probably.

I was actually quite impressed with the Mondeo, but the dealers are utter s**te - one dealer didn't have any Mondeos to show me at all, the next one I tried only had a 1.6 povo spec car to show me.

Not a lot of use when you want to see a Titanium.

Reply to
SteveH

Any average priced average sized mid spec anonymous car.

A3 = yes (anonymous)

V50 / S60 / S40 =yes.

C30=no,

C / 3 /A4 series=yes.

5 / E / A6 = no.

Vectrassadeo = definitely.

Alfa 159 = no.

Saab 9-3 = maybe

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I wouldn't.

But if you got a Prius...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That's the bulk of the market, though.

Even for private buyers.

But not mid spec, either.

Hmmmm, not very common as a company choice, though.

Hmmmm, some are some aren't.

I'd say the C definitely isn't 'cos it's HFM?!

If the above are, then these are, but they're regional manager rather than territory manager.

We all have different definitions, it seems.

Reply to
SteveH

That's a perfect definition.

Then you'd be wrong. In their day cars as diverse as the Pug 205 GTi, VW Golf GTi and the SAAB 900 have been repmobiles.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes, I can mostly agree with that. The Alfa 75 was a repmobile in its day, and I'd change the 9-3 to definitely.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That just about covers every 4 door saloon or estate on the market up to about 50k, then.

So, in fact, there is absolutely no solid definition of 'repmobile'.

Reply to
SteveH

Sounds about right, of coruse it has to have the caveat "as used by anyone in sales". Usually it indicates a s**te combination of features such as a puny diseasel in a large car. Merc E200 is a classic repmobile. The rep feels that having a Merc somehow makes other people think that they are not a rep, everyone else looks at it and thinks "large car, small engine, repmobile."

Umm no, you just gave a decent one.

Reply to
Steve Firth

My old Mk5 Escort RS2000 was a repmobile for British Gas, my brother had a Peugeot 306 S16 repmobile for a while.

Problem is, modern reps just don't get to drive fun stuff anymore.

Reply to
Pete M

I really can't ever imagine a Pious being described as a "Drivers car", not even by Steve.

Reply to
Pete M

Where I work, it's all based on 'what will my monthly allowance get me on a lease'. That's because lease costs are king. I suspect that most employers have that fairly high up their list of priorities.

That's also why I ended up choosing a Passat (yes really) over a Superb, it was cheaper monthly for a better car. (4WD). I had the A class just because I fancied one. We also have users in Minis, hatchbacks, traditional rep fodder, Impreza WRXs and MX5s.

Having said all of the above, I do work for local government, so they don't tell you what type of car you must drive, hence the above. That's why I eventually went my own way and took the money instead. Lots of miles at 40p a mile in a car that currently costs less than 10p a mile to fuel and a huge amount less every month in income tax.

The company cars makes no sense to me now.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I'd disagree. Sales management are likely to have E/5/A6 grade cars and size represents status. Reps are lower than that. As I understand it SteveH's position isn't that of a bottom run sales rep, he's an internal sales manager in my mind. After all, what other justification does the Signum have other than being not available to those for whom a Vectra is their car grade...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Devastatingly Economical Cross Country Deathtrap (R)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp