brakes on Impreza 1998

Hi,

I got an Impreza 2.0 GL manual on 50000km from a Subaru dealer in GERMANY. Everything was changed he said. And after taking off the front tires I could see that the pads were brand new, and the discs were in perfect condition. Can anyone explain then to me why it seems to me that the car is not stopping well enough? Is braking some sort of a weakness for this car?

Reply to
NTG

The OEM Subaru pads are good enough for your car, but you never know if the dealer uses cheap substitutes... It happened me too with my former Legacy. After replacing the pads with OEM-Subaru pads the problem was over.

"NTG" schreef in bericht news:1_504798 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com...

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Wilco van Diest

If the pads and rotors are brand new, they may not have seated into the rotors yet.

-Kurt

NTG wrote:

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

Can you describe "not stopping well enough" Do the brakes fade under heavy braking?

Reply to
Rat

"Wilco van Diest" wrote: > The OEM Subaru pads are good enough for your car, but you > never know if the > dealer uses cheap substitutes... > It happened me too with my former Legacy. After replacing the > pads with > OEM-Subaru pads the problem was over. > > > "NTG" schreef in bericht > news:1_504798 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com... > > Hi, > >

I went to get a check-up of my brakes the other day. I do not know if that will be of any help, but here is what the braking effort numbers on the rollers say: front left: 186kg. front right 171kg, rear left

141 kg, rear right 149kg. The mechanic said that the rear brakes were very good, while the front could have done better, but certainly would not qualify as bad. Can anyone interpret or comapre to these numbers. My car weighs at 1200kg.

Thanks

Reply to
NTG