car stereo stolen

My car stereo was just stolen and in the process the majority of my consol/dashboard was ripped out. I own a 1997 Impreza Outback. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to get cheap dashboard/consol parts, either on the internet or in/near oakland/berkeley.

Reply to
karinmedwards

No suggestions but I'd leave it up to the repair shop assuming you collected insurance. Must be an after market stereo and fairly new. When they stole my 10 year old Mazda, the only thing they did not strip was the stereo. Guess it was too old for them. Frank

Reply to
Frank

Depends exactly what they ripped out. If it was all in the stereo fascia you might give Crutchfield a call. They can probably sell you a new stereo that will fit into a free, included fascia. I've never used the tape player, and a CD player that plays MP3's dumped on a CD would be nice.

Reply to
Sheldon