Check engine light

Hi,

I forgot to put back the gas tank cap - after filling up. Check engine light showed up. I was driving like that for 2 days - noticed it only today. Question: is it likely that there's some permanent damage to the car? Do I need to do anything (besides putting back the gas cap, of course)?

Thanks, Boris

Reply to
Boris

Boris

Put the cap back on and in a couple days of driving the light will go out.

Reply to
clare

Thanks for the info.

Boris