Check Engine Light

Check engine light came on a couple of days back on my 01 VDC Outback. (Has about 38k on it) Always fill gas tank myself so gas cap shouldn't be cause, but double-checked and cap is on fine. All fluid levels seem to be o.k., too. Any suggestions as to probable cause. Car seems to running just fine, incidentally.

Reply to
Alan Smith

The car can be diagnosed by any mechanic, the light lets you know a fault code has been stored. /No use asking us when the car will tell you. TG

Reply to
TG

They told me that if you don't notice any performance difference, and if the light is not blinking, that going in for a diagnosis is not urgent. It can be on for a while, off for a while, on again etc.

Reply to
Scott Brim