Clock Problems - 2001 Forrester

Last week or so, clock is going off and on. Now off for the last two days.

Had electric wiring problems five months ago (power windows/sunroof were affected) but dealer fixed problem. Any ideas or help about clock would be helpful. Fuses are all OK!

Thanks!

Reply to
macirish1945

Hi there, I've got a 99 Forrester with about 160K miles and my wife has a 98 with about 50K miles. About six months ago my clock went through the same problem...my wife's about a month ago. Took them both apart and both looked like they had the same problem with a part (looked like a capacitor) blown out.

I found a place online and replaced both clocks. Don't recall the price but you can reach them at 1-866-528-5282.

Reply to
Jerseyj

try seatrching for this at

. Its a well known problem and I THINK there is even a site with pics on how to re-solder the cold solder joint/whatever.

carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

If that doesn't help, or if you're not handy with a soldering iron, try ebay. I got one for about $45, a few months ago.

Reply to
gotbent

47.27 from the parts vendor I went to, including shipping.
Reply to
Jerseyj