Coin Compartment in 06 Forester

­ ­­ ­Just got my new '06 Forester (1st new car in years, replacing '93 Ford Escort!) Yay! Anyhow, I was reading the manual, and it mentions a coin box, apparently by the driver's left knee, in front of the fuse box. Well, I found the fuse box, but that's all. Anyone know the (weird, if minor) scoop?

BTW, got a premium 5 speed, with a few hopefully body-preserving extras for $21,500.

Reply to
-leslie

on the '01 versions, the plastic cover over the fuse box is the coin box. Opening reveals space for coins, removal reveals the fuses.

Reply to
Ratatooie

On my '06, contrary to the owners manual, it only reveals the fusebox. Hmmmm....

Reply to
-leslie

Take it back!

Seriously, ask the dealer where it is and if none, get them to get the correct fusebox lid with the coin holder in it for you.

-mark

Reply to
mark jb

They have the disclaimer "specifications subject to change without notice" . Unless you mentioned it at deliveryyou're S.O.L

Reply to
bigjim

My 2000 Forester has a little scope as part of the pull out panel. The scope is the coin holder on mine.

Reply to
Edward Hayes