Front End Questions...95 Subaru Legacy LSI

Greetings,

I have a vibration in the front end at about 70. Is there a front horizontal shock absorber like my Toyota has? I am about to get a new set of tires, but these are still serviceable. I am also looking for a set of tires that can be used during all seasons and be quiet. The Road Noise is hard to believe. I have used studs in the winter and the noise on a dry road is REAL bad...

Any help is appreciated. Wife Car and you all know how that is...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Pelka

Define "vibration". Does the steering wheel oscillate back-and-forth, or is it a general vibration? Do you have a bent wheel? Or maybe a slipped belt in the tire? Try having them balanced & if that doesn't help try swapping them front to back & see if the vibration changes.

If Michelin made the LTX-MS tires in the Subie's size I would run them in a heartbeat, but alas, they don't. They were great on the old Explorer.

Mike '01 OBW

Reply to
Mike