Front LSD on '00 OBW Ltd

Hi All, my wagon has the all weather package so the rear diff is limited slip, but is the front also a LSD? I plan to change both front and rear diff. gear oil but the only flavor of 80W/90 GL-5 I found had the label limited slip on it.

2nd question: whats the difference btw the limited slip gear oil vs.non-limited slip oil?
Reply to
John

Front diff is 'open'.

Don't think the gear oil matters.

maybe someone else can confirm.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

also, check this link for info;

1 Lucky Texan

Front diffs are normally not LSD exept in modified vehicles. LSD oil has special "internal friction" and can endure more heat. It may be beneficial in a manual gearbox with worn syncro rings, and I do not think it will wear a non-LSD diff, but I would leave that to the experts.

Asbjørn

Reply to
Asbjørn