Got a Used Subaru, few questions

Howdy folks, I just got a 1998 Subaru and wanna check a few things out:

  1. Under the steering colum there are TWO, GREEN, disconnected wire connectors. What are those? Computer reset connectors?

  1. Little navigation/compass screen is black. Person who I got the car from said that it stoped working after he changed the stereo in the system. Original stereo is back in the car now, but screen is still black. Any ideas? Wiring? Fuse?

  2. Where is the best online to get parts for this car? Any URLs would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
Nick

Forgot to mention, car is a 1998 Subaru Forester

Reply to
Nick

I believe there's a forester specific forum, but I regular 'hang out' at both

and
- good places to search for stuff like broken compasses or post questions. Your manual should have a procedure for turning on and calibrating the compass, if it's just turned off.

The green connector is an alternate troublecode method. better to read the OBD II connector.

some other links;

(email Jamie aka Subiegal)

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

The Forester Forum is

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

If you're looking for genuine factory parts and you're in the US, call Jason at (866) 848-6998 at Auburn Subaru in Washington state.

Great service and prices, I buy everything from him.

Reply to
Jim Stewart