Help PLEASE -Australian Subaru Liberty 99' GX remote

I have a 99' Subaru Liberty GX Wagon-my third Subaru-and the guy I bought it off had lost or had stolen his remotes for the vehicle and I've tried to to get replacements from the USA from Keylessride (didn't work) and a remote for a Subaru Legacy part number 88036AE060

- FCC: A269ZUA111 (bought off eBay:

I tried to program the eBay remote by joining the two wires behind the driver's side kick panel and pressing lock/unlock etc.-but just didn't work-I thought it would, being a very similar part number and vehicle model.

The Australian part number is 88036AE010 (don't know about the FCC) and the part costs $269.00 here (absolute gouging rip off IMO).

Wondering if anyone here knows where I can buy and aftermarket remote that will work-please!

Thanks Jenna

Reply to
Matt and Jenna J

The US spec remote may not work because of a frequency problem. Who knows but antoher approach to this problem is the get a US spec remote AND the mechanism/receiver inside the driver's door that activates the lock/unlock function.

-- Message posted using

information at

johninKY

Bet if you pull the door panel the receiver will have "frequency" number stenciled on it.

-- Message posted using

information at

johninKY

What about trying your local alarm installer. They're usually up to date with programing those things. Half an hour of his labour (or a slab) is a lot cheaper than $269) :>)

Alternatively if there's a problem with different frequencies used in US and Oz, your friendly wrecker might have a few lying around that the alarm installer could reprogram.

Reply to
Bugalugs

We haven't had a functioning electronic remote on our Liberty for several years now. Lucky I have an alternate remote attached to each shoulder.

Subaru Australia's spare parts are utterly ridiculous... $585 for a single driving light indeed...

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I understand that humour and all Clifford-it's just that with kids and shopping etc. it's much easier to remotely lock and unlock the doors.

johninKY, so if I pull of the driver's door panel that's where the receiver is located?

Thanks to all so far.

Jenna

Reply to
Matt and Jenna J

That would be my guess. Sorry about the delay in responding but I've been having problems with receiving/posting messages on this server for some reason.

-- Message posted using

information at

johninKY