How do you program a keyless remote bought on ebay for my '01 Outback???

I just bought a keyless remote off ebay and it didnt come with any programming directions. I looked in my owners manual and tried to follow the directions, but after I turned my key from Lock to ON 10 times in 15 seconds my card did not honk. I was told by a dealership that Keyless entry is standard on all '01 outbacks. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it. Ewil1478

Reply to
ewil1478

It's not on my '01 Outback.

Reply to
John Rethorst

Does your dash have a "security light" in the bottom/center of the dash?

Reply to
ewil1478

Check

for,perhaps, clearer instructions. Or, have the dealership do it for you?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

He's asking about keyless entry, not the alarm system...you can have keyless w/o alarm system.

Reply to
CompUser