In-Dash clock - 1991 Loyale

Hey folks,

I just wanted to know if anyone could point me to some information about what might be wrong with the in-dash clock in my Loyale. Sometimes it cuts out altogether, it doesn't keep it's time for more than a couple hours when it works at all, and when you turn the marker lights/headlights on, it dims (This might be/probably is normal, but I've never gotten the clock working long enough to be sure. . ) Could this be a problem with the wiring to the clock module, or the module itself? If it's the module, can a replacement be obtained from my local stealership? I've taken a look through the Chilton manual and searched Google for stuff about this but neither seem to say much about it. If it's a stealer part only, I'll probably have to go to a junkyard - when I asked the parts guy down there if they ever made a cruise control for the Loyale, he said, "Yes, but good luck finding one, Subaru doesn't make that part anymore." So if they don't make the cruise control, I doubt they make the clocks anymore, either. :(

I suspect a lot of other Subaru models of this era (GL's, Justy's, etc, etc) had this same clock module, and if that's the case, one could probably be obtained from a junkyard, but how prone to failure are they?

Thanks in advance,

--Decimal Cat

Reply to
Decimal Cat

I saw the same problem on my 93 Loyale. I didn't spend time on it, I'm never late.

Good luck.

"Decimal Cat" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Philippe Javaux

I had the same issue and was told it would cost a few hundred bucks for repair.

A little "sticky" cheap digital clock was purchased for 2.50 at Walmart and served the purpose.

replacement

Reply to
Dave

I figured it would be something like that, but I'd assume most of it would be the trouble/labor involved with disassembling the dashboard to get to the unit and replace it. . I guess these clock modules just die quickly!

I, too, bought a cheap digital clock, but the tape used to stick it on there won't seem to stick to my dashboard well enough. . guess I'm gonna have to either use the screws to mount it to the dashboard or find some stronger tape/glue.

Thanks for the responses.

--Decimal Cat

Reply to
Decimal Cat