Mirror mirror...

I just lost the second side door mirror in a couple of months. Many manufacturers now seem to think the rigid mirrors are a great way to make money off their unluckier customers by selling them replacement mirrors.

To my dismay the '98 Subaru GT wagon has no swiveling mirrors but even more annoying is the fact that the '99 Toyota Camry doesn't have them either - there were no winners in last Sunday's brief confrontation of mirrors.

I am considering using sacrificial nylon screws instead of the steel fasteners to hold the mirrors - this should allow them to pop off without too much damage. Has anyone here tried this before and what's the consensus on this?

Florian

Reply to
Florian Feuser /FFF/

solid mirrors are usually that way to reduce wind noise and add fuel economy....both things are welcome in a Subaru. TG

Reply to
TG

the replacement is about 200 bucks which is not welcome.

The newer subbies have swiveling mirrors which indicate the wind noise and fuel economy is negligeble

Reply to
foxmon