Outback Mirror Replacement?

Can someone tell me if the later model Subaru (post-1999) OUTSIDE mirrors can be fitted to the 1995-1999 series? These would be the power-not-heated mirrors.

The mounts are slightly different externally, but appear to have the same screw mount posts. These are the "foldable" mirrors, which would be preferable to the odler fixed mount version. I am trying to avoid buying the parts until I know whether installation is feasible.

TIA.

Reply to
Lloyd LeBlanc

I don't know about the newer mirrors fitting but I do know the 96 97 and 98 mirrors fold.

Reply to
Greg

Hmmmm. Well, our California-US 1998 OB mirrors are definitely fixed. Maybe you had to get a Limited to get the folding mirrors, or maybe they were available in non-CA versions for some reason.

Or were you talking about Forester mirrors? I think some of those were folding type. Thanks for the input.

Reply to
Lloyd LeBlanc

My memory is (fading, poor, gone) pick one.

Reply to
Greg