Question with 2000 Impreza (New Shape)

Hi There,

This may be a simple question,

I have a 2000 Impreza *New Shape and are trying to get the rear window squirter to go. I cannot seem to get it to work, It makes the noise, but no water comes out. Any ideas?

Is it fed from the main resovior under the bonnet that serves the front squirters?

If so, any ideas why this wouldn't be working?

Have tried to unblock using a needle, but made no difference.

Help greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, Matthew.

Reply to
Matthew Gallen

I have an older ('98) model but I think there's a separate little reservoir somewhere in back?

Reply to
Marc Stober

Nope, it's fed from the main reservoir at the front. I've found that to get the back washer to work you need to keep the reservoir topped up. Once the water level drops below a certain point their doesn't seem to be enough pressure to get it all the way back to the rear window.

Reply to
Shane Brittle

Thanks,

The older shape does have a rear one, but I cannot locate one on the new shape... :( \

Reply to
Matthew Gallen

Thanks,

I have topped it up fully, so I suspect there is a blockage somewhere, or faulty relay, guess I will have to get the shop to look at it

Reply to
Matthew Gallen