Quick! Torque for 2.2L WaterPump & OilPump??

Rats! Thought I had everything I needed off my $20 subscription to the Sub manuals..

What's the right torque for the waterpump and oil pump on a 2.2L (97 Impreza). Need to put that back together tomorrow Am!!!

Also, if anyone can tell me just how they pulled the Cam Seals out while the camshafts were (semi-obviously) still in place, I'd appreciate a suggestion. Should I buy a special Seal Puller to avoid scratching the shaft surface?? The Oil Pump seal was easy when I had it apart.

Oh: (There's a lot of !OH! in a job like this).. What sealant does the factory suggest for the Oil Pump to block? I've seen 3 different ones mentioned here. Pointers on how much and how appreciated! I don't want any floating in the oil passages...

I'll put up a couple photos when I'm done with this...

THANKS for all the help, in the past, and Now!

Reply to
Terry King

About the only thing I use a torque wrench on is a head bolt. With a 3/8 socket, you should get it nice and snug, but not hard tight. Maybe another

10-15 degrees of rotation after you get metal- to-metal contact. That's the best I can tell you verbally. If you can use a box-end wrench, you'll probably get the right torque by feel without worrying about overtorquing it.

I teased them out with a very small flat blade screwdriver. Carefully punch the blade into the center meat of the seal and slowly walk it out. As long as you stay to the center you won't bugger up the shaft or recess.

It's probably too late, but I used Subaru part number 004403007.

Please do.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

THANKS for the quick response, Jim!

Reply to
Terry King

OK, got this, I'm assembling... Thanks..

Reply to
Terry King