Water in boot well

Sorry if this has been covered before but I have a '99 Impreza Turbo 5dr and I am mystified by a huge amount of water that appears in the spare-wheel well. My Subaru garage is also at a loss to explain it too. There doesn't appear to be any leak from around the light clusters, the boot rubber or anywhere else. BUT, there must be an entry point somewhere! I would be grateful for any suggestions, as I am getting slightly cheesed off by having to bail the water out. Thanks for your time - Richard

Reply to
Richard (UK)

I would suggest stripping everything out from around the well and go through a car wash. Then you might be able to trace where the water is coming from if you see evidence of where it has been flowing.

Reply to
Henry Paul

I talked to a guy a while back with a '95 Impreza who had the same problem. He said that his was actually coming from the rear window, the seals were coming loose somehow and water was running down the window and into the trunk. This was a 4 door, however, not a wagon, but perhaps the same thing might happen with the wagon body. And my old Ford used to suck water up through the floor when driven in heavy rain, I'd literally have a small swimming pool in the backseat floor.

I guess I've been lucky. My '95 Outback is the only vehicle I've ever owned that has NO water leaks, unless you count the tiny ones up by the mirrors which only leak during sideways rain or overly agressive car washes.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

Thanks for your input. I think the only way I can check it, is to get someone to hose the car down with me in the boot! The water is certainly coming down rather than up because it's crystal clear, thank God! Thanks - Richard

Reply to
Richard (UK)