Re: Transmission question

> transmission shifts 1st to 2nd but not 2nd to 3rd. Reverse is fine and

>> no noise, grinding or slipping. There is no modulaor valve on this >> model so if some has a answer that won't mean a rebuild or replacement >> pls let me know. >> >> Thx Ed >> >Does your model have the trans hold button on the centre console near the >hand brake?? I find that it can be knocked to the "on" position real easy. >It's designed to hold the trans in Lo-2nd for ice and mud etc. Easy to >check. >Regards, >Don.H.

Hi, My 92 Legacy AWG Turbo Auto 5spd has the button on the shift handle below the big button that you have to push to get it into park or reverse. It sounds EXACTLY what what happens when you push that button in. Of course, if it is the same model, the button or linkage could be broken too!

There are a couple of things to check out there if you find that button is on the shift handle (it is much smaller than the "park"/"reverse") button.

If it is there, see if it works smoothly, and check the linkage. Just some ideas, but sounds EXACTLY like the cause!

The Ole' Factory Rep

Reply to
<The Ole' Rep

coachk11