Just putting the feelers out......

Would anyone of this parish be interested (or know someone who might be) in a 54-plate (November '04 I think) Audi S4 (normal saloon, not cabrio). Tiptronic, all the usual trimmings, and a nice cream leather interior (which was apparently a good £2k+ worth of option when new). 80k miles, FSH, Black, overall very good condition with the odd barely noticeable blemish you'd expect from something around 5 years old. Will be for sale towards the end of the year (probably early December) and entertain sensible offers around the £11k mark.

It's my brother's car btw, just thought I'd see if any of you lot might fancy it.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

He will not be able to sell it for such an unrealistic price. For one 2 years older with 10,000miles more with full spec and service history it is going for a touch over £5000. This is a quattro v6 twin turbo, 2.6, leather interiror with HPI check and not crash damaged or stolen recovered.

Prices of this type of car have falled quite a lot recently. One reason is poor economy, the other is high road tax costs. It seems all the tossers have moved from BMWs to the Audi now so they are getting the same bad imagine BMW had a few years ago.

I wish him luck with his sale. A garage would only give him a similar trade-in value depending on what he was buying next. If the car has been changed in any way from factory specification, such as lowered suspension, bigger wheels, bigger exhaust, or anything else that ruins road handling and noise levels it will have a LOWER value. Cars that are butchered/modified sell for far less as people can't insure them.

Reply to
Roger

So nothing remotely like the same car at all, then? Care to point me to the advert where an Audi S4 with a twin turbo 2.6 V6 is for sale?

And for the record, this car isn't crash damaged or stolen recovered either. Doesn't have a recent HPI check, as he's owned it a couple of years and nothing's changed since he bought it, but anyone spending that sort of money on a car would probably rather get the HPI check done themselves.

Poor economy? I think the economy it gets is pretty good. Only 2-3mpg less than my 150bhp 2.0 turbo 4-pot manual Citroen, which is bloody good considering it's a V8 auto with over 300bhp (can't remember the exact figure). And high road tax costs? Well, thanks to it being pre-2006, it doesn't appear to be hammered *that* much. £215 now, £245 when the 2010/11 increases happen. As any real driver knows, that sort of difference is f*ck all in the grand scheme of things.

Care to repeat that in English?

He's not buying anything next, not that it's any of your business.

You mean the 500kg spoiler/roofrack unit he fitted to it last week, made from MDF, and painted pink with yellow spots, and then varnished, will PUT PEOPLE OFF? He thought it was incredibly useful and fetching too.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

You spelt "f*ck off Clive /Ian" wrong..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

If it's a 2.6 twin turbo, it'll be the only one Audi ever made. Surely that would make it more valuable, Clive?

Reply to
Pete M

Where did he say it was modified, bellend?

Reply to
Abo

It's not an unrealistic price, looking at what others of a similar vintage are up for elsewhere.

That, and WhatCar value it at just over =A311k private sale.

story it is going

Your point being, given the S4 is a far more sought after animal?

re getting the same

It seems you watch Top Gear and are unable to think for yourself when attempting to form your 'own opinions'.

With that in mind, I'll quote something from there if I may which I feel totally encapsulates the true essence of you: 'COCK'.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Given the amount of 'tossers' on the road, wouldn't it have pushed the prices up through demand?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Something like this?

fishman

More something like this, provided I got the link right. And no, that's not the actual car:

Timo Geusch

That is gloriously hideous.

Do it!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

After doing a little more research and posting on a US-based car board, I'll be giving that a miss. Quite apart from the parking issues, I think what put me off slightly is the expected tank range - around 300 miles.

That wouldn't be such an issue if it didn't have a 26 gallon (US) tank, plus the one I was looking at doesn't have a bed cover which makes it pretty useless in the UK as there wouldn't be any dry luggage storage.

Plus the guys on said forum suggest that an El Camino of similar age is simply the better vehicle.

Back to looking for silly Jaguars and BMWs, methinks.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Want!!! But I'm emigrating... and there's a Daimler on the drive so there's nowhere to park it... but... WANT!!!

Do you want a 1990 XJ6 Daimler Pete? Dark metallic blue, cream leather with blue piping. Probably go for an MOT in the next couple of weeks. It will need a windscreen and a battery (stood since 2006) for that but it's in pretty good nick (casual glance only).

Reply to
fishman

Maybe... where is it, how much etc?

Reply to
Pete M

Well... from past experience and assuming that it is the 3.6 Daimler (IIRC 1990 was the handover from 3.6 to 4.0 engines) then when working it will be a joy to drive. However after three years of not moving and being left with a flat battery one can reasonably expect:

EFI failures Bulb module failures New lambda sensor needed Climate control needs regassing and will probably have electronic issues. Gearbox may have an electronic issue.

Suspension bushes may be an issue.

I don't know quite why those things go when laid up, but they do.

Oh, all the climate control motors for directing air to various places will probably be U/S as well. Replacement is "non-trivial".

Reply to
Steve Firth