Seat airbags/seatcovers

My parents have a 2005 OB Wagon and we have a 2006. Both cars have airbags in the side of the seats. When we call the dealer about seatcovers that won't interfere with the airbags they say "we'd never thought about that before".

Has anybody else encountered this, or found a special seat cover that will still allow the side seat airbags to function properly?

Reply to
ned

You are not supposed to use any seatcovers on seats with side airbags.

Reply to
mulder

I am in Australia, and when I bought my 2002 OBW I wanted to cover the leather seats with sheep skin covers because of the very hot conditions here in the summer (30 Degrees +). I resorted to a Sheepskin manufacturer who luckily had done this work before and he made a custom pair of seat covers for the front seats thus:- he made a hood which covered the top of the seats, then he created the cover for the back of the seats but with no sides and strapped only at the top, the seat itself was made just like a conventional seat cover and the back cover was again strapped to the seat cover under the seat to keep it in place and it apparently meets the requirements of the authorities here. Note: It wasn't cheap, it cost A$600.00. Hope this will be of help to you. Ben Olsen

Reply to
Ben Olsen

This does help, thank you. Maybe I can find something similar here in the states, and hopefully cheaper!

Reply to
ND