Steeling wheel lock broken

My steering wheel no longer locks when the key is in the off position. I heard a pop sound this morning when I pulled on the steering wheel which probably was the locking pin breaking. Is this a lot of work to fix? Is this something I can live with or is it something I need to worry about? The steering works fine.

Thornton

Reply to
W. Thornton Martin

Brian

Oops, ignore my quick-fingered previous post...

Never heard this one before. Anybody know the chances of the broken steering lock piece(s) managing to lock or jam the steering while driving? Not really sure how the steering lock mechanism functions.

~Brian

Reply to
Brian