Stereo installation

I just bought a 91 F-150, it came without a stereo and the connector has been cut off and I am stuck with a bunch of wires and no idea which they are for so I can't install a stereo. Any help with the colors and what they are for would be a great help.

Reply to
Chris

Actually, the colors are a universal standard IIRC. Here's a cut and paste from a google search:

FORD

P o w e r Memory (+12v Constant) Green Yellow Ignition (+12v Switched) Yellow/Black Ground (-) Black or Fat Red Illumination Orange Dimmer Orange/White Power Antenna Blue (varies greatly) S p e a k e r s Right Front (+) White/Green Right Front (-) Green/Orange Left Front (+) Orange/Green Left Front (-) Light Blue Right Rear (+) Pink/Blue Right Rear (-) Green/orange Left Rear (+) Pink/green Left Rear (-) Pink/Blue

Hope that helps

CJB

Reply to
CJB

I agree with CJB, that's the same as in my '92 Bronco.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Good Info!