sticky cruise control - '91 Liberty

I have had this liberty for about a year now and it is very good for an old car. My only problem is the cruise control which needs many pushes on the button or flicks of the lever to get working. Once it starts to work on a long trip it tends to keep working until the car has been stopped for a long time, like o'nite. Is there a fix for this or does the whole thing need replacing?

Reply to
tropo