transmission fluid change

I have an 03 forester xs and would like to know when the 1st transmission oil change should be. I know, look at my maitance book, but it only says when to inspect it not when to have it changed. My dealer wanted to change it at 15K miles and I wouldn't let him. Thought that was way too early for a trani change.

Any recomendations...

Reply to
Mike

I'd go by what is in writing which is 30K. Maybe he was talking about brake fluid which is 15K. I had a Nissan service writer try to pull this crap on me where he showed me a maintenance schedule where intervals were penciled in at half the time. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Reply to
Edward Hayes

No, he was talking about the AT fluid. He also showed me a dealer service schedule which was a total overkill. I want to take proper care of this car, but I can not afford to perform needless service beyound the subaru specified warrantee.

Reply to
Mike

"When the vehicle is frequently operated under severe driving conditions, such as mountain driving, replacement should be performed every 24,000 km (15,000 miles)."

It does seem kind of funny that they use an I (Inspect) at 30,000 mile intervals rather than an R (Replace). The intent is to replace it every

30,000 miles not just look at it. They used the Replace for oil change intervals.

Reply to
Craiger