Tyre wear 05 Outback

Outside shoulder on all tyres showing excess wear compared to the rest of the tyre which has heaps of tread, is this common on Outback's ?

Reply to
BMounsey

Rotate and have allignment checked. I neglected on my old Forester and only got a little over 20,000 miles.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

I had only 10 K Miles on my 2006 Outback, and, my wife noticed that only the right front tire was wearing more on the outside. Took it to Subaru and they confirmed it was alignment, and, also rotated the tires (which they HAD already done at 7500 miles). There was NO evidence of pulling, hard steering, or anything, and, I'd not been over any curbs or anything to disrupt the alignment.

Reply to
Bill Bradley

My 2000 Forester showed wear at ~ 6,000 miles on both rear. Dealer did a free alignment and both rear were out of spec. Read months later that other owners found the same situation and dealers did not cover it. My next Subaru will include an alignment as part of the purchase price and I mean a computer printout of before & after. I don't know if it is caused by a rough boat ride or factory but, any new car should be delieevered to the owner aligned to factory specs.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Reply to
Bill Bradley

En/na BMounsey ha escrit:

My 04-Outback need a alignement in the first day because one front tire was wearing more on the outside, subaru cover it in waranty. But the front tires not wear uniform and I do a second alignement at 20.000Km (not under waranty), and when I change the tires at 40.000 I do too a "very fine" alignement and now the front tires wear good. But the rear tires never was wearing uniform: always one rear tire was wearing more on the outside, and it isn't possible to do a alignement on the rear tires....

CONCLUSION: It is a new Subaru, ... "cheap" but very bad cars: oil burnner (1 litter in 3.000 Km), poor quality components (new brake disk in only 90.000Km, cluck in only 100.000Km, noise in only 10.000Km, .......

It is my first and last subaru

Reply to
joan

I think that may be typical - when we had a Ford van, the tires wore unevenly and I was told if I had complained in the 1st 3000 miles about the alignment, they would've done it under warranty. Seems to me some high mileage tires may not show any eneven wear at just 3K - so its obvious you should always complain about 'pulling' or something soon after getting the car to see if an alignment will be done at no charge.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I think that if tires show alignment problems and there is NO rim/curb etc contact, then a fee alignment should be covered to 6,000 miles. I think 3,000 miles is too soon unless there is pulling/drifting issues that can be verified by the dealer.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I don't see how the minor problems you listed above drew you to the conclusion "very bad cars". I'm not arguing either way, but you seem to have failed to provide sufficient supporting evendence for your statement.

Do you know by any chance which country/factory Outbacks for the Spanish market are coming from? I assume you're in Spain.

Reply to
Body Roll