Using Sportshift trasmission on Outback 2.5i

hi, My car has 4 speed automatic with manual sport (aka Tiptronics on BMW). I read manual more then once and still can't understand one part:

  1. If transmission in manual mode in default position of 1, and if I floor the gas pedal, will transmission shift itself to the correct gear or
  2. Engine will rev up to the red zone, limiter will kick in and will cut fuel.

I test drove a car and remember 2 has happened, but I am not sure thanks

Reply to
LB

  1. Of course. If it didn't stay in first... it would be just another automatic tranny. (g)

I think these Auto/Manual transmitions will become the norm in all cars and trucks. I like it.

Reply to
Bill

But when you decelerate, it drops gear all by itself (from 4 to 1). So it is not like really manual, correct?

Reply to
LB