VDC reliability?

Anyone heard of reliablity problems with VDC models? One dealer was spouting horror stories but I'm not convinced it wasn't in order to get me to buy something off the lot . The anectodal stuff I've seen has nothing bad to say about the VDC.

What do folks think about choosing dealerships? The close one with the gentler sales guy or the farther one wth the pushy sales guy but at $250 less? I'll probably end up servicing at the closer dealership no matter what. They say they discount service for cars bought there, but I have my doubts about that. It's not a contractural discount. They send coupons, they say.

Reply to
aptosca

Ask the nice guy to match the pushy guys price. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

If you take it there once, I bet they'll send you the coupons too.

Steve

aptosca wrote:

-- remove "SPAM_TRAP_" to reply directly

Reply to
steve ball

Well, they didn't. I didn't even ask them to match it exactly, but to split the difference. They passed, at least for now. I haven't closed the other deal, but I'm tending towards going that way. $250 is $250.

Don't know if this is the case, but it's what I guessed, too. That's what happened on my old car.

Reply to
aptosca

You'll get coupons. Service is where the dealers make their money, not on sales. Oh, and tell the sales _manager_ or dealership owner you'll give them all perfect marks on the sales survey if he matches the price and throws in a free oil change and an extra tank of gas. The dealers live and die by this initial survey. AMong other things, it affect the allottment of cars they get to sell.

Reply to
Alan

That's something that I have wondered about. I had a really crappy experience with my dealer initially, yet I never received any type of survey...

Who actually sends out the survey? Subaru or the dealer?

Alan wrote:

Reply to
Bart

All the surveys come from Subaru, but the one the dealer cares about the most is the first one after the sale. Everybody who buys a new Subaru gets one. This survey is the one you have the most leverage with. The service surveys (not sent to everyone) are important, but not nearly so much.

Reply to
Alan